Please consider donating to the life-saving, life-affirming efforts of North Carolina Right to Life, Inc. (NCRTL) and becoming a part of this outstanding team dedicated to the protection of all human life.
NCRTL has been your consistent pro-life voice in North Carolina since 1973. With the largest pro-life lending library in our state, NCRTL is known as the voice of the pro-life movement and the place to get the most up-to-date pro-life information.
Affecting public policy is one of our major strategies for changing and overcoming the “culture of death.”
The combined efforts of NRLC and NCRTL have succeeded in preventing pro- abortion legislation from becoming the law of the land, i.e. the Freedom of Choice Act, which would have codified Roe v. Wade and stricken the state laws that allow for parental consent and informed consent.
In conjunction with the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), NCRTL worked for the passage of pro-life legislation at the Congressional level. Some recent examples of bills that became law and others that fell short of passage are:
- the Ban on the Patent of Human Embryos (became law in 2011),
- the Ban on Cloning,
- the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act (became law in 2003) ,
- the Born Alive Infant Protection Act (became law in 2002),
- the Child Custody Prevention Act, and most recently,
- the Ban on Sex Selection Abortions and
- the DC Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.
In North Carolina, NCRTL successfully lobbied for
- a Parental Consent for Abortion law,
- the Infant Abandonment law
- the elimination of the state abortion fund,
- the passage of the Abortion Woman’s Right to Know law,
- the Unborn Victims of Violence Act-Ethen’s law, and
- the “Choose Life” Specialty Plate.
- the Prohibit Sex Selection Abortions
- the Ban on Web Cam Abortions (chemical abortions over skype)
- the Opt Our for Abortion in Obamacare
- the no abortions in the city/county employee health plans
- the regulations of abortion facilities
- the expansion of conscience protection for all health care workers
- the end to state funded abortions
Because of these public policy efforts and all of our educational efforts, we know lives have been saved and hearts and minds have been changed. It is the support of the pro-life community that has been at the heart of this change. Without your support North Carolina Right to Life could not continue to be the voice for the voiceless.
That is why we need your support as never before. Please prayerfully consider becoming a sustaining supporter of our pro-life work. Thank you in advance for your support; together we will triumph for the babies.
Become a Member of North Carolina Right To Life with a secure credit card donation here.
Become a member of North Carolina Right to Life with your family membership donation of $30. [Because we are trying to change laws, membership donations are NOT tax deductible for income tax purposes.] Your donation of $30 will entitle you to receive The Concept (North Carolina Right to Life newsletter) and to be a member of the chapter closest to you.
If you wish to mail in a membership donation, send it to: NCRTL P.O. Box 9282 Greensboro, NC 27429-0282.
For their lives,
Barbara Holt President
Other Ways to Contribute to North Carolina Right To Life:
- Goodsearch-download toolbar here
- Donated cars or recreational vehicles
- Priority Give Back Program
- Appreciated Securities like stockes and bonds
- Workplace Giving
- United Way
- Heart to Heart Campaign
Keywords: Pro-Life, Right to Life, North Carolina, Adoption, Pro-Choice, Abortion, Statistics, Crisis Pregnancy, Planned Parenthood, Choose Life, NC