Require Information about Abortion Pill Reversal

State Representatives Pat McElraft, Pat Hurley, Rena Turner, and Michele Presnell have introduced H575, Require Information about the Abortion Pill Reversal. The legislation requires the abortionist to offer after the administration of the first abortion drug the mother information about the possibility of reversing the effects of the drug.  The use of the chemical abortion drugs has increased dramatically over the last 10 years from 3066 in 2006 (10.4%) to 9266 in 2015 (40.6%) of all NC abortions. This state prepared information reads as follows: : "This information about your drug-induced abortion is provided by the State of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. It may be possible to discontinue a drug-induced abortion by not taking the second drug (Misopristol) and to reverse the process by administration of progesterone. It is recommended that you contact a knowledgeable health care provider regarding the abortion pill reversal process or call the Abortion Pill Reversal Hotline at 877-558-0333 as soon as possible." The information will also be placed on the state maintained web site for the Woman’s Right to Know Act.  According to abortionpillreversal.com, the success rate is 55%.  The other 45% usually lose the unborn child within the first two weeks. Let you State House Representative know you support the legislation and wish them to support the bill too. The crossover deadline for this bill is April 27.